Your employees are one of the most valuable wealth-generating assets of your company.
Protecting your employees against life and health risks is widely recognised by companies as fundamental business practice.
Hollard Mozambique's Group Life Assurance is life insurance that gives you – the employer – peace-of-mind knowing that:
- Your employees’ families are financially cared for in the unforeseen event of an accident, or even death
- The group death benefit is a cost-effective way of providing immediate life insurance coverage, in the event of an employee’s death, without the unexpected cash outlay from your operational funds
- You are providing your employees with peace-of-mind as part of their remuneration package and employee benefits
- You are promoting greater loyalty to your company, by offering your employees real financial security in life insurance
- Hollard will pay an agreed multiple of the employee's salary as lump sum upon the event of their death. This pay-out will be provided to that employee’s specified recipients or beneficiaries, as set aside in the policy clause
Our Group Life Assurance can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your organisation. Regardless of how large or small your enterprise is, we have a life insurance policy that is sure to suit you.
Policy terms and conditions apply.
Your employees are an extremely important resource for your business. Although an investment when it comes to time and money, businesses often fail to invest in adequate insurance – accident insurance, in particular - for employees.
Hollard Mozambique’s Group Personal Accident Insurance provides coverage for you, as a business owner, and gives accidental injury, death or disability insurance to any employee during the length of their employment. Benefits are chosen by you based on earnings or fixed amounts and accident insurance cover can be tailored to 24 hours, or working hours only.
What does Group Personal Accident Insurance provide cover for?
- The accident insurance policy covers injuries to the nominated personnel as a result of an accident
- Various benefits can be extended to include illness cover, upon application.
- Benefits can be based on earnings or fixed sums
- The benefit is payable to the insured, i.e. the employer and not the employee
- The employer has the choice to distribute the amount payable in the event of a claim
Cover of Group Personal Accident Insurance includes:
- If there are no dependents, the benefit could be used for costs of retraining or recruitment
- Where there are dependents, the employer will be in a position to choose to pay a percentage of the benefit to the family, and use the balance for costs incurred as the employer
- The employee may suffer a permanent disability as a result of his / her injury
The benefit paid could be used for the costs of a prosthesis device - if needed - or for rehabilitation (depending upon the degree of disability)
Temporary total disability
- In the event that the insured person (employee) is temporarily disabled and cannot attend to his normal duties, the employer can claim the actual earnings that he has paid to the employee
- This benefit will reimburse the insured person for medical costs incurred as a result of the accident, including emergency transport
Our policy wording can include various extensions such as:
- Disfigurement (not limited to burns)
- Funeral costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Mobility costs
- Body transportation costs
- Emergency transportation costs
Optional extensions may be provided at additional cost:
- Temporary Total Disablement following illness
- Dread Disease Cover
- Daily Hospital Cash Benefits - as a result of accident or illness
- Unusual risks
This insurance cover is vital if your business’ efficiency is dependent on the well-being of your employees.
Policy terms and conditions apply.
It is vitally important to invest in the lives of your employees. With funeral cover, your employees are ensured a helpful financial base for their families, should they pass away.
You, as the employer, enjoy peace-of-mind in knowing that you’re helping your employee's family conduct an honourable and dignified funeral, without your business having to take the brunt of funeral costs.
Hollard Mozambique's Group Funeral Cover solves the issue of unexpected and excessive funeral costs, in the event of the death of one your insured employees.
How does our funeral insurance benefit you?
Under this Group Funeral insurance policy, an agreed benefit will be paid to deceased employee’s estate, or their immediate family, in order to comfortably conduct the processes surrounding a funeral, and without their loved ones, or you as employer, having to be exposed to the financial pressures.
No medical examination is needed for Group Funeral insurance. Your employee is guaranteed of acceptance provided all their documentation is in order, and they are of Mozambican citizenship, aged between 18 and 65 years.
Policy terms and conditions apply.
Employee health is critical to the success of any company. With Hollard Mozambique medical insurance, employees are provided with affordable health insurance across the board. This medical insurance provides local, in-house hospital cover and, when required, facilitates the evacuation of the staff member to a hospital which provides the best cover.
Emergency Evacuation Insurance
Illnesses and injuries are unpredictable and may require expert medical attention from specialist clinics outside of Mozambique. When this happens, extracting your employees to world-class facilities can be extremely costly and time consuming. An emergency evacuation plan is a vital solution.
Our Emergency Evacuation Insurance benefit covers your employee in the event of a complicated condition or injury that can't be treated suitably in the immediate region. After the insured patient is stabilised, they will be evacuated immediately to the nearest suitable medical facility in or outside Mozambique, as necessary.
The Emergency Evacuation plan also ensures that your employee is transported back home safely after treatment is concluded.
Benefits included in the Emergency Evacuation Insurance policy:
- Stabilisation benefit – Hollard will cover the stabilisation treatment necessary for up to 30 days before, and up to 48 hours after, the necessary emergency evacuation takes place
- Accompaniment benefit – Hollard will pay travelling costs for an immediate family member to accompany you during the evacuation
- Repatriation benefit - should your employee die during the period of cover, Hollard will pay for the repatriation of their remains to their home country
- Compassionate Travel benefit – Hollard will cover the travel expenses to enable an immediate family member to visit the employee at the medical facility
Medical Expense Benefit
The Medical Expense Benefit offers a combination of benefits to meet your specific needs. These benefits include:
- In-hospital Medical Expenses benefit – The employee’s hospital accommodation costs, care provided by a qualified nurse and all surgery fees are covered in full
- Elective Treatment benefit - If medical treatment is unavailable in Mozambique, Hollard will pay for transportation to and from the medical facility
- Parent Accompaniment benefit - If a child beneficiary requires in-patient treatment Hollard will cover the costs of one parent or legal guardian to accompany the child
- Intensive Care benefit – Hollard will cover the costs of intensive care treatment in the event of a medical emergency, if selected
The following additional benefits are available:
- Pathology & Diagnostic benefit - X-rays, pathology, diagnostic tests and procedures, including MRI and CT scans, when not the primary reason for medical care
- Specialist benefit - Specialist consultation fees, in-patient only
- Therapy benefit - Therapy as part of an existing treatment plan (includes physiotherapy, chiropractors, osteopathy, dietician and speech therapists)
- Rehabilitation benefit - Admission to a recognised rehabilitation unit of a hospital following treatment for a medical condition where the insured person was confined to a hospital as an in-patient for at least three consecutive days and where a specialist confirms in writing that rehabilitation is required. Admission to a rehabilitation unit must be made within 14 days of discharge from a hospital
- Psychiatric benefit - Psychiatric treatment as a day-patient, including room, board and treatment costs. Psychiatric treatment as an in-patient, including room, board and treatment costs
- Prosthetic benefit - Internal prosthetic devices and external prosthetic devices (including implants, appliances and external artificial body parts)
- Childbirth benefit - Hospital charges, obstetrician and midwife fees for normal childbirth (in-country only). Post-natal care required by the mother immediately following normal childbirth (in-country only). Medically necessary caesarean section. Routine care for baby (in-country only)
- New-born benefit - In-patient treatment of an acute medical condition which presents symptoms at birth or which manifests itself within 30 days of birth
- Cancer benefit - Acute phase cancer treatment as an in-patient only. Ongoing cancer treatment following acute phase cancer treatment
- Transplant benefit - Operation costs for heart, lung, liver, kidney, cornea or bone marrow transplants (excludes the cost of obtaining donor organs)
- Home-Nursing Care benefit - Home-nursing care or convalescent care as an in-patient following a terminal diagnosis
- Ambulance benefit - Local road or air ambulance services
- Emergency Dental benefit - Accidental dental treatment
Hollard Mozambique will pay medical expenses at the recommended (and often negotiated) rates between you and the approved service provider.
By law, Mozambican businesses must provide workmen’s compensation to all employees. Hollard Mozambique offers a comprehensive workers’ compensation insurance policy that will cover your employees against work accidents, in compliance with legislated requirements.
The following employees can be covered by our workers’ compensation policy:
- Permanent workers
- Apprentices, probationers and trainees
- Voluntary workers
- Independent workers
Employee benefits include cover for the following:
- A work accident that causes injury or disease to the worker, whilst at work
- Accidents that occur while transporting workers from or to the work place if the transport vehicle belongs to the business
- In special cases accidents that happen outside of work hours are covered, if the workers are compelled to reside at the workplace
You, as the business owner, have the option between full and partial cover. Either option would fulfil your legislated requirement as an employer (you should, however, ask that both options are fully explained for your consideration).
Hollard Mozambique will compensate the insured in the following events:
- Disability and death
- Temporary or partial disability
- Permanent disability
Stipulated pension pay-outs and employee benefits will be provided to the insured, or the insured’s spouse - as long as the resulting widowhood continues. Under specific circumstances we will adjust pension pay-outs if the degree of disability changes drastically after the pension has been set up.
Terms and conditions apply.