Our Third Party Motor Car Insurance means one less queue to stand in at the border. The insurance agents at the border can’t always be available to cater to your motor car insurance needs. It is illegal to enter Mozambique without your third party liability motor car insurance certificate, so you may end up wasting valuable travelling/holiday time waiting for an agent to issue the certificate.
Additionally, you can avoid being harassed by the "border assistants" wanting to help you obtain insurance, by making certain you have all the relevant car insurance documentation before you leave. You wouldn’t want the bureaucracy of paperwork dampening your holiday plans.
Buy your Mozambique Third Party Insurance here:
- Purchase it online now. Click here
- Outdoor Warehouse – all stores across the country
- The AA of South Africa. All Travel shops
- Brent Oil Garage N4 Highway, Nelspruit - (013) 752 5006
- BP Filling Station N4 Highway, Komatipoort - 082 222 7357
- Sasol Garage N4 Highway, Komatipoort - 084 800 7467
- Mozambique Tourism Bureau, White River - (013) 750 1733
- Scuba Scene Menlynpark, Pretoria - (012) 368 1437
- LA Promotions - Contact Lyn Adams 083 588 0217
- Smit Garrun Brokers, Tzaneen - (015) 307 5587
- Z.C. Pretoruis Brokers, Louis Trichardt - (015) 516 5620
- Turnkey Travel, Tzaneen - (015) 781 1037
- Alre Brokers, Phalaborwa - (015) 781 3921
- Lowveld Camp and Gas, Hoedspruit - (015) 793 2200
- Total Garage Kosibay, Manguze (035) 592 0648
We issue your insurance certificate in advance at the same price as at the border.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it compulsory?
- Mozambique does not have a Third Party Road Accident Fund as in other countries like South Africa
- In respect of foreign registered vehicles the Mozambican authorities need to be assured that if any liability is incurred by the use of vehicles on their roads, there is a Mozambican registered insurance company that will assume any liabilities on behalf of the insured
What does the policy cover?
- Hollard covers the insured for any third party liability that might be incurred in Mozambique caused by or in connection with the vehicle described in the certificate of insurance
- The cover extends to both:
- - Death or bodily injury to any third party – other than to a person
employed by the insured or arising from the course of employment or if the
person is a member of the same household as the insured
- - Damage to third party property, other than that property that belongs to
What does it Cost?
|Type of Vehicle||Premium in Metical||Premium in Rands||Premium in US Dollars|
|Motor Vehicles - Sedan/SUV/LVD||Mt 660.00||R 220.00||$ 20.00|
|Caravana/ Motor cycles/ Trailers for Private Vehicles / Specials & Caravans||Mt 330.00||R 110.00||$ 10.00|
|Heavy Commercial Vehicles / Busses||Mt 1,650.00||R 550.00||$ 50.00|
|Trailers for Heavy Commercial Vehicles||Mt 825.00||R 275.00||$ 25.00|
Why Hollard Insurance?
- Hollard Insurance Mozambique is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hollard which is the largest independent insurer in South Africa
- Hollard provides a broad distribution base and a wide product range backed by focused expertise
- By using Hollard, you will be able to stay in touch long after your holiday or business venture into Mozambique is over
How long is the period of insurance?
- The certificate is valid for 30 days from the day that you enter Mozambique
What is the limit of liability?
- Unless otherwise stated, the liability of the company under this policy in respect of any one occurrence shall not be more than R1,000,000.00
What is the excess amount?
- In the event of a claim under this policy there is an R1,000 claims handling fee which is payable to Hollard Insurance Mozambique