By law, Mozambican businesses must provide workmen’s compensation to all employees. Hollard Mozambique offers acomprehensive workers’ compensation insurance policythat will cover your employees against work accidents, in compliance with legislated requirements.
The following employees can be covered by our workers’ compensation policy:
- Permanent workers
- Apprentices, probationers and trainees
- Voluntary workers
- Independent workers
Employee benefits include cover for the following:
- A work accident that causes injury or disease to the worker, whilst at work
- Accidents that occur while transporting workers from or to the work place if the transport vehicle belongs to the business
- In special cases accidents that happen outside of work hours are covered, if the workers are compelled to reside at the workplace
You, as the business owner, have the option between full and partial cover. Either option would fulfil your legislated requirement as an employer (you should, however, ask that both options are fully explained for your consideration).
Hollard Mozambique will compensate the insured in the following events:
- Disability and death
- Temporary or partial disability
- Permanent disability
Stipulated pension pay-outs and employee benefits will be provided to the insured, or the insured’s spouse - as long as the resulting widowhood continues. Under specific circumstances we will adjust pension pay-outs if the degree of disability changes drastically after the pension has been set up.
Terms and conditions apply.